Are you looking for a meal idea to bring a new mom? Today I’m sharing a few ideas from some of our local food bloggers!
I don’t know about you, but right now I have so many friends having babies! What better way to help out the new parents than to bring them a home cooked meal? I’m always looking for new ideas of meals to take, so I’ve asked a few of our local food bloggers, who are also moms, to share their favorite new mom meal with you!
Mason Jar Taco Salads from Courtney at NeighborFood
One Pot Kale, Sweet Potato and Sausage Soup from Courtney at NeighborFood
Easy Chicken Pot Pie from Mary at Mission to Save
Chicken Noodle Soup from Hannah at The Beard and The Baker
Bison Sloppy Joes from Hannah at The Beard and The Baker
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs from Lindsay at The Lean Green Bean
Mac and Cheese Veggie Primavera from Erin at Feed Me Greens
Cheesy Veggie Egg Bake from Melissa at Fireflies and Mudpies
As a bonus, I’m adding a recipe for Oatmeal Lactation Cookies. Not only are they delicious, but they’re filled with ingredients like flax seeds, brewers yeast and oats, which are supposed to help with lactation.
I stocked up on them before having my daughter and made many more batches her first year. They are so good I actually hid them from my husband because he loved them too! Don’t worry, they don’t seem to have any, ahem, side-effects on men. See the recipe below!
Oatmeal Lactation Cookies
Makes: About 3 Dozen
2 Tbs flaxseed meal
4 Tbs water
1 cup butter, softened
1¼ cups brown sugar (packed)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups All-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
4 Tbs brewers yeast (*found at Whole Foods & Fresh Thyme)
1 tsp cinnamon
3 cups old-fashioned oats
1 cup add-ins (chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, raisins, etc.)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
2. Mix flaxseed meal in a small bowl with the 4 Tbs water, let sit for about 5 minutes
3. Meanwhile, beat the butter and sugar together in a large bowl until light and fluffy, then add the eggs and beat well. Add the flaxseed mixture and vanilla, stir to combine
4. In a separate bowl, mix flour, yeast, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Slowly add to butter mixture and mix well. Stir in oats and chosen add-in.
5. Scoop dough into heaping tablespoons onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake for about 12 minutes, until slightly browned and look set. Cool and enjoy!
*Recipe adapted from Fit Mommy Diaries
Do you have a favorite meal to bring to new parents? If so, I’d love to hear what it is! Please share below!