Honeycrisp! Gala! Mcintosh! Golden Delicious! So many different types, but one commonality- delicious taste, endless recipes and family fun with these Columbus U-Pick Apple Orchards.
If you haven’t been to any Columbus U-Pick Apple Orchards before with your family, we highly suggest putting it on your fall bucket list. It’s a great activity to do with kids, as they can taste test their apples along the way and then bring them home and enjoy making recipes together as a family. Be sure to check out the farms below and visit their websites or call for the most up to date information. It can be hard to plan ahead because the weather often plays a role in when the farms have ripe fruit, so be sure to check their websites often!
- Lynd Fruit Farm– This is a great place in Pataskala to pick apples and you can even make a day trip out of it. They have many orchards and a farm market on the property. They have Honeycrisp and numerous other varities. The first type begins August 16 with Honeycrisp estimated September 6, 2023. They will also have their sunflower field this year so be sure to get tickets!
- The Orchard and Company– A wonderful family place in Plain City to pick apples! The Zestar apple is an early variety that is estimated for mid-August 2023. Check their website for other dates on apples and the fun events they have going on.
- Lawrence Orchards– This orchard is a bit of a drive from Columbus (45 minutes) but offers a lovely variety of apples for picking. They also have photo opps out like the big old red tractor. It is located in Marion, Ohio. They have lots of types to choose from. Be sure to use their Facebook page or call to find the U-Pick schedule and plan a day trip with your family! Their apple varieties begin at the beginning of August 2023.
- Cherry Hawk Farm- This U-Pick farm is located in Marysville, Ohio. The farm is a very quiet and a secluded setting and is the perfect spot to pick apples. Picking will begin with an estimated date of August 12, 2023. They offer a great space to bring a picnic and have lunch on the farm. Check their website for their full apple schedule. They planted sunflowers and anticipate they will bloom around the end of August or early September. They will keep their website and Facebook page updated.
- Apple Hill Orchard– This farm is located in Mansfield, Ohio. They also have an additional location in Fredericktown, Ohio. This could be a fun day trip or a great spot to meet family for those readers from the Northeast area of Ohio. This is a beautiful family-owned orchard with U-pick apples, apple donuts, and awesome cider. Be sure to check their website for the picking schedule. Many will be available starting August 10, 2023.
- Hann Farms- They will have a variety of apples at their market, but no actual picking!
- Windy Hill Apple Farm– This farm is located in Newark, Ohio and has a special U-Pick season beginning early September 2023. They also sell sweet cider and have an organic production.
- Branstool Orchards– Located in Utica, Ohio. This is a great market and beautiful grounds. The pick-your-own-apples will start the first week in August. They also have U-Pick peaches. It’s not far from Velvet Ice Cream if you would like to make a day trip out of it! Read more about a day trip to Utica, here.
- Legend Hill Orchard– Located in Utica, this farm has U-Pick peaches available now, but will have apples in late July 2023. See their website for full picking season schedule.
With 10 different U-Pick Apple Orchards near Columbus to choose from, you will have plenty of apples to make applesauce, apple pie, apple crisp, apple chips…the possibilities are endless. Here are some tasty apple recipes and another post with 3 different apple recipes.
Remember that many of these farms don’t update their websites so it might be best to call before heading out to the orchard.