The holidays are here and there are so many ways to celebrate the season. A fun idea that my family likes to do is participate in the 25 days of Christmas. The idea is to do an activity each day until Christmas. The activities can be as simple as reading a holiday book, attending the ballet, or acts of service! See our full list of ideas for you and the family!
25 Days of Christmas Activities
- WildLights at the Columbus Zoo.
- Write a letter to Santa.
- Attend a tree lighting ceremony. These are often free and filled with fun extras like a visit from Santa, live reindeer, music, refreshments and more!
- Watch a holiday movie.
- Have a fancy hot chocolate bar.
- Bake cookies.
- Deliver treats to friends and neighbors.
- Perform an act of service.
- Visit the Conservatory for Lights Aglow.
- Have a holiday-themed meal or snack. These reindeer breakfast treats are cute and easy to make!
- Visit a live nativity.
- See the Christmas tree at the Ohio State House.
- See the tree and listen to choir performances at the Ohio State House.
- Make a holiday craft or holiday card to send to a friend or family member.
- Shop for Siblings.
- Let the kiddos shop each other! See what fun things they pick out for their siblings!
- Go Sledding!
- Visit the Huntington Holiday Train at Columbus Main Library.
- Make homemade playdough into festive creations such as a Christmas tree with different colored playdough as ornaments.
- Drive around and view Christmas lights.
- Get rid of gently used clothes and/or toys and donate them to make room for the new gifts that will be coming soon.
- Decorate a gingerbread house.
- Attend a Breakfast with Santa.
- Read a Christmas story.
- See the Nutcracker.
- Butch Bandos Fantasy of Lights at Alum Creek.
- Make ornaments for your tree or to give as gifts.
From our family to yours we hope you have a fun-filled holiday season!