Columbus is full of some amazing parks. Early spring in Central Ohio has a tendency to be rainy. We want to get the kids outside, but sometimes we want to skip the mud.
Here at Columbus Moms Blog, we wanted to give you a list of our favorite “mud” free parks.
So here we go!
Emerald Fields Park
- Location: 4040 Wyandotte Woods Blvd, Dublin, OH
- This is a large park with a nice climbing structure, infant swings and handicap swing available, fun music play structure with bathrooms located nearby.
- Wyman Woods Park
- Location: 1450 Goodale Blvd, Grandview Heights, OH
- Wyman Woods Park is a newer park in the area. There is not a lot of shade which makes it good for the early days of spring. There are baby swings and a handicap swing available along with fun rock structures or climbing and a pavilion that can be rented.
- Avery Park
- Location: 7501 Avery Road, Dublin, OH
- A large park located in Dublin with an all turf area with a good size play structure. On the side of the park are loads of soccer fields that are used for games.
- Scioto Audubon Metro Park
- Location: 400 W. Whittier Street, Columbus, OH
- This is one of the more unique parks in Columbus. There is a visitor center that has a small indoor area for children to play along with a massive turf outdoor area with fun climbing structures and a large climbing wall.
- Be sure to check out the storytimes and upcoming events here: Scioto Audubon Metro Park
- Millstone Creek Park
- Location: 745 N Spring Rd, Westerville, OH
- All nice rubber turf with a massive climbing structure with slides for endless hours of fun. Nice visibility of entire playground and seating for parents.
- Website: Millstone Creek Park
- Veterans Park
- Location: 1121 S. Houk Road, Delaware, OH
- One of Delaware’s best. This dinosaur theme park is great for the little ones. It is adjacent to the YMCA has a dinosaur slide and a splash pad in the summer months. There are concession stands (limited hours), Wi-fi, and Picnic Shelters with plenty of seating for parents.
Until next time…