I countdown to fall every year.
I love nothing more than going on a walk with a cup of coffee and take in the fall scenery.
Central Ohio is beautiful this time of year.
I wanted to share a quick list of some spots to kick back and enjoy the fall foliage.
Hayden Falls Park at Griggs Nature Preserve
- Located off Hayden Run Road you will spot a small parking lot. There is signage to lead you to the falls. Take the stairs to the boardwalk. It is a short walk that is easy for little kids. The area is so beautiful with many trees and the falls are at the end of the boardwalk. It is a small, fun Columbus spot to check out.
- Hayden Falls Park
Scioto Park Dublin
- This park is on Riverside Drive in Dublin nestled on the banks of the River. There is a large play structure with swings and easy access to the river. This area is so beautiful when the leaves are changing. It is a great place to relax after a busy week. Grab some coffee and take the kids to the river bank to see some amazing fall color.
- Address: 7377 Riverside Dr, Dublin, OH 43016
Glacier Ridge Metro Park
- This sprawling metro park is located on the West side of Columbus. There is an observation tower, a play structure and bike trails to enjoy on a nice fall day. There are wonderful large trees in the area! I could explore this area for hours.
- Address: 9801 Hyland-Croy Rd, Plain City, OH 43064
Columbus Metro Parks
- Glacier Ridge is highlighted above but this time of year all of the Columbus Metro Parks are awesome. Check out these blog posts we have for more details on what to expect.
Olentangy Greenway Trail
- For those bikers out there, this is a great trail to enjoy on a crisp fall day. The trail is lined with beautiful trees! There are several areas to park to get on the trail with your little ones. This is by far a family favorite of ours. Pack a lunch and hit the trail! Click on the website below and you can view a video of the actual trail.
- Olentangy Greenway Trail