This summer I finally took the plunge and joined Costco. I have loved each adventure into Costco as I navigate the aisles and find new products. Each time I leave I wonder why it took me so long to become a member. If you aren’t a member already, I highly recommend it. If you are a member, you too are probably obsessed with Costco. Everyone is welcome to attend our upcoming event, Costco Mom Hour on Friday, November 4, 2016. You’ll find additional details about registration, giveaways, swag and incentives being offered. You won’t want to miss this fun morning as you too will see why Costco is so Amazing!
8 Reasons I Love Costco
1. Ready To Go Dinners
As a working mom, there are many nights that cooking isn’t high on my priority list. I have made many stops at Costco on my way home from work. There are TONS of meals available that involve simple steps such as turning on an oven. Here are a few meals I recommend:
- They have the best Rotisserie 3-pound chicken for $4.99 – no preservatives, MSG free, gluten free, and USDA grade. Many of the rotisserie chickens that I purchased at other grocery stores were more expensive and only a 2-pound chicken. I’m all about getting more for my money!
- Mac-and-Cheese: this is the cheesiest mac-and-cheese and takes about an hour to bake in the oven. We served this as a side at a party recently and it got rave reviews from everyone!
- Ravioli Lasagna with Beef & Pork Bolognese Sauce- this comes in a tin container and all you need to do is remove the plastic lid, cover the meal with foil and bake for an hour.
- Soups-the Chicken Noodle Soup Made with Rotisserie chicken is delicious! Grab a loaf of bread and perhaps some salad and you have a complete meal!
2. A Wide Variety of Organic Products
- Did you know Costco is leading the nation in organic sales? You’ll find fresh fruit, eggs, meat and more!
3. Easy Party Prep
- When having a party, I tend to over buy and like to offer a variety of options. Here are some things I recommend serving to your guests:
- The pre-sliced cheese slices are wonderful to put out as a snack and make the perfect topper for mini cheeseburger sliders.
- Dips: Hummus, spinach and artichoke, salsa, cheese dips and seven layer dip are just a few that I’ve purchased.
- Desserts: I bought a HUGE pumpkin pie for $5.99. There are custom cakes, cookies and other delicious pastries too.
- It’s always great to stock up on extra toilet paper, paper towels, trash bags, paper plates and silverware.
4. Sampling Items
- It’s fun to wind up and down the aisles and see what products will be passed out as samples. I’ve tried ice cream, pizza, fish, nuts, brownies, potato chips and more!
- Costco has great deals on clothing items such as jackets, sweatshirts, socks and seasonal items like gloves. We even bought my daughter’s Halloween costume at Costco. If you see an item you like, I recommend snatching it up because there is no guarantee it will still be in stock the next time you visit. Costco tends to rotate through these type of items on a pretty frequent basis. It’s a fun surprise to see what Costco has put out on their shelves.
6. Kirkland Signature Products
- I have been really impressed with the quality of the Kirkland signature products. Kirkland Signature products are rated higher than most leading brands. You can buy essentials such as batteries, toothpaste and coffee (that’s an essential to me at least!) as well as a variety of food items. My children love the cinnamon bread and if you toast it the aroma fills the air. Yummy!
7. Various Services Offered
- Did you know you can buy tires at Costco, get an eye exam, book a vacation or even purchase a car?
8. Costco Stands Behind Their Products
- Costco offers a 100-percent member satisfaction guarantee and will refund your membership if at any time you are not satisfied. Costco values you as a customer, wants you to be happy and has one of the best return policies I’ve ever seen.
Costco Mom Hour
Who: Everyone is invited! Moms, dads, kids, grandparents and anyone else you want to bring! You must be a member to shop.
When: Friday, November 4 from 9:00-10:00 am. (Costco is opening their stores an hour early for us!)
Special Extras for each location: The first 100 attendees (one per household) will receive a swag bag stocked full of products. Costco is graciously providing a $100 Costco gift card to two lucky winners. Tide is providing a year supply of their laundry detergent pods to one lucky winner.
Membership Special: Anyone can register for the Membership Special, even if you are NOT attending the event.
- $20 cash card for Gold Star signups
- $43 worth of coupons. (Free pizza, $3 off any fresh berry item and $5 off Costco Photo Book, and $25 off of $250 on Costco.com.)
- An additional $20 Cash Card offered for Executive upgrade at membership counter
- Refer a friend: This promotion can only be done in person the day of the event (November 4th). Both the current member and new member must be present. The current member receives a $10 Costco gift card and the new member receives the membership special.
Continental Breakfast: During mom hour, there will be a light breakfast consisting of bakery items, breakfast bars, coffee, water and juice boxes. Various family friendly samples such as cake or pumpkin pie will be available.