We will soon be swapping out our swim bags and flip flops for backpacks and school shoes! As we wipe our tears because summer is coming to an end, we also know we have much to look forward to this Fall in Columbus!
We spent the summer picking strawberries and blueberries, but with the change of season comes a new produce to pick…apples! Honey Crisp! Gala! Mcintosh! Golden Delicious! So many different types, but one commonality- delicious taste, endless recipes and family fun with these Columbus U-Pick Apple Orchards!
If you haven’t been to any Columbus U-Pick Apple Orchards before with your family, we highly suggest putting it on your go-to list. It’s a great activity to do with kids as they can taste test their apples along the way and then bring them home and enjoy making recipes together as a family. Be sure to check out the farms below and check their websites for the most up to date information.
- Lynd Fruit Farm– This is a great place in Pataskala to pick apples and even make a day of it. They have many orchards and a farm market on the property. Their estimated picking season begins August 26, 2017. One of the most popular weekends is the Honey crisp weekend, so mark your calendar for September 9-11. Advice: Go early!
- The Orchard and Company– A wonderful family place in Plain City to pick apples! Their kickoff is August 19, with a special Zestar apple. Check their website for other dates on apples and the fun events they have going on!
- Lawrence Orchards– This orchard is a bit of a drive from Columbus (45 minutes) but offers a lovely variety of apples for picking. It is located in Marion, Ohio. This site begins their picking varieties in the middle of July! They have lots of types to choose from! Be sure to use their website to find the U-Pick schedule and plan a day trip with your family!
- Cherry Hawk Farm- This U-Pick farm is located in Marysville, Ohio. The farm is a very quiet and secluded setting and is the perfect spot to pick apples. The Grand Opening Weekend began July 28! They offer a great space to bring a picnic and have lunch on the farm. Check their website for their apple schedule.
- Apple Hill Orchard– This farm is located in Mansfield, Ohio. They also have an additional location in Fredericktown, Ohio. We thought it could be a fun day trip or for those readers from the Northeast area of Ohio, a great spot to meet family halfway. This is a beautiful family owned orchard with U-pick apples and apple donuts and awesome cider! Be sure to check their website for the picking schedule. Their earliest type of apple began July 10 this year! Mark your calendar for October 1 for their Apple Hill Kids Day too.
- Fruit Full Acres -This farm market is also located in Marysville, Ohio. Transparent apples began at the end of July and will offer U-pick apples through September. They also sell pre-picked apples and pears. See their facebook page for more information!
With 6 different Columbus U-Pick Apple Orchards to choose from, you will have plenty of apples to make apple sauce, apple pie, apple crisp, apple chips…the possibilities are endless. Here are some tasty apple recipes and another post with 3 different apple recipes. Let us know your favorite spot and happy picking!