Gahanna has a small town feel with large suburban options. Here are some things my family loves to do and places we frequent around town. Most of them are 100% unique to Gahanna, Ohio.
Gahanna is full of spots to grab a bite! Any deals listed are subject to change.
- Arepazo Tapas and Wine – I looooove the food here! Happy hour is Monday through Friday from 5-7pm. Open: Lunch & Dinner Cuisine: South American tapas
- Asian Gourmet & Sushi Bar – They have great Asian dishes here. Check their website for buy one get one 50% off sushi rolls. Open: Lunch & Dinner Cuisine: Japanese, Chinese, and Thai
- Cafe Creekside – This is a go-to for locals. We love getting a classic breakfast combo, coffee, and admiring the antiques on the walls. Open: Breakfast & Lunch Cuisine: Diner-style
- Da Levee – Open 11am-3pm Tuesdays through Fridays, be sure to stop here over your lunch break! Open: Lunch only Cuisine: Cajun
- Gahanna Grill – This has been a staple in Gahanna since 1939. If you don’t try the famous “Beanie Burger”, there’s plenty of other deliciousness to eat. Gahanna Grill has become known as the place to be for a St. Patrick’s Day party, but stop in any time! Open: Lunch & Dinner Cuisine: American
- Gahanna Pizza Plus – Voted Gahanna’s best pizza three years in a row, their menu offers a variety of pizzas and subs. Open: Lunch & Dinner Cuisine: Pizza, Subs, and Salads
- Gatsby’s Bar & Grille – This is such a fun place! Special events include trivia night on Mondays, Cornhole on Tuesdays, live music, a dart league, volleyball league, and more. Open: Lunch & Dinner Cuisine: Pub fare
- Himalayan Grille – This relaxed restaurant serves flavors from the foothills of the Himalayas. They offer a lunch buffet Wednesdays through Sundays from 11am-2:30pm. You can also carry out or get delivery! Open: Lunch & Dinner Cuisine: Indian, Nepali and Tibetan
- Jade Bowl House – This restaurant offers traditional dishes and fast service. Check their website for a coupon and their hours. Open: Lunch & Dinner Cuisine: Chinese
- Jordan’s Deli & Catering – They offer fresh sandwiches, soups, salads, desserts, boxed lunches, party trays, pick-up, and delivery. Open: Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner Cuisine: Deli style
- Lola & Giuseppe’s Trattoria – This quaint restaurant serves delicious, authentic foods. They don’t accept reservations, but you can carry out! If you enjoy Italian fare, you must eat here! Open: Dinner only Cuisine: Italian
- Mi Tradicion – This authentic restaurant offers everything from vegetarian options to traditional foods. Pair a specialty margarita with your meal. Open: Lunch & Dinner Cuisine: Mexican
- Mr. Sushi – This is a popular spot specializing in sushi! Open: Lunch & Dinner Cuisine: Japanese
- Signatures Mill Stone Tavern – Tuesday Karaoke, Wing Wednesdays, Ladies “Knight” Thursdays, live music Fridays, and trivia night Saturdays make this a fun restaurant and sports bar. Open: Lunch & Dinner Cuisine: Pub fare
- The Barn at Rocky Fork Creek – This restaurant is perfect for a date night. Enjoy a filet paired with a glass of wine or one of their 100 whiskeys in this self-described country-chic setting. Reservations available! Open: Dinner only Cuisine: Steakhouse
Coffee & Sweets
- Blank Slate Coffee – Parked in a lot in downtown Gahanna is this old Airstream trailer. Step inside or drive through to pick up a seasonal coffee and one of their delicious muffins.
- Mrs. Turbo’s Cookies – This 50’s style bakery offers gourmet treats and coffee. The convenience of their drive through and their amazing cookies, cakes, and whoopie pies are a wonderfully dangerous combination!
- Pam’s Market Popcorn – If you’re looking for excellent gourmet popcorn and “Windy City eats”, hit up Pam in her new location here in Gahanna. Our favorite is the Chicago style popcorn, of course.
- Peapod Play Cafe – Okay, so this is primarily known a place to bring the kiddos to romp in an enclosed environment with life-size play sets and enough toys to keep them busy while caregivers can sit and relax. But I love their coffee! Grab a cup of locally-roasted Stauf’s, some snacks, and let your littles run off some energy.
- Smallcakes Cupcakery and Creamery – You cannot go wrong with any of their gourmet cupcakes and ice creams. And you absolutely have to try a Smash Cake.
Parks and Recreation
I’m continuously impressed by the available park spaces to explore. Each park has something different to offer while still providing walking trails and enough outdoor entertainment for the whole family.
- Academy Park – This is Gahanna’s largest multi-purpose park! It boasts seven baseball diamonds, basketball courts, a playground, and fishing spots. Restrooms: Yes
- Creekside Park & Plaza – So many fun events are hosted here, I feel like we’re down at Creekside at least once every two weeks. Garage parking is easy and free, there’s fishing, and you can rent a paddle boat within season on the weekends! One of my favorite things to do is grab myself a cup of joe, a doughnut for my daughter, and head down here to take a walk, search for painted rocks, go wading, and feed the ducks and geese. Restrooms: Yes
- Friendship Park – We love packing a lunch on a perfect weather day and staying here for a while. You can explore the Story Book Trail that leads a waterside spot to wade or fish in, play on the playground, utilize the pavilion, basketball and tennis courts, or rent a plot for gardening! Restrooms: Yes
- Gahanna Woods – Go for a hike and take photos along the trails of this park’s gorgeous wildflowers, rolling fields, swamplands, and towering trees. Restrooms: No
- Hannah Park – This is one of my daughter’s favorite parks. She mostly loves the playground and listening for frogs in the pond, but this park also offers basketball and tennis courts, and a pavilion. Restrooms: Yes
- Headley Park – If you need access to a full soccer field for you and your buddies, you can use one of this park’s 12 fields! There’s also a playground for the littles. Restrooms: Yes
- Pizzurro Park and Dog Park – Host to a four-acre fenced-in dog run, separate agility area, and a dog run for pups under 25 pounds, this 23 acres of park also has paths to walk your dog on or spots go fishing. Restrooms: Yes
- Shull Park and The B.A.S.E. – You’ll find a mini half pipe, grind rails, ramps, and more at this skate park. You can also take advantage of the in-line hockey rink and youth soccer fields. Restrooms: Yes
- Veteran’s Memorial Park – This park was built in honor of local veterans. It’s home to over 2,500 engraved bricks. New bricks are dedicated in ceremonies held twice a year on Memorial Day and Veteran’s Day. Restrooms: No
- Woodside Green Park – Here you’ll find a playground, new natural play area, baseball fields, tennis and basketball courts, and a pavilion spread across 32 acres. Restrooms: Yes
Shopping & Local Business
We try so hard to support small businesses, and we are fans of the ones Gahanna has in residence. Check them out!
- [BE] SOCIAL Dress Boutique – I admire the beautiful dresses in the windows whenever we’re walking downtown Gahanna. Find a dress and accessories for any occasion!
- Bicycle One – This shop sells everything the casual or advanced biker may need; bikes, bike parts, apparel, and nutritional supplements. They also do bike tune-ups and repairs.
- Gahanna Bead Studio – This is the oldest bead shop in Columbus! In addition to their unique and huge selection of beads, supplies, and jewelry, you can take classes and make your own earrings, bracelets, and necklaces.
- Gahanna Hardware – We try to frequent this hardware shop as much as possible as we work on household projects. The staff is always helpful and friendly, and they have a screen fixing service!
- Gahanna Historical Society – Learn about Gahanna’s history on a tour of the John Clark House and The Log House. You can even book a room at the Lily Stone Bed & Breakfast! There’s also a Historical Walking Tour of Gahanna that’ll take you through all of the above plus 12 other stops including the unique Geroux Herb Garden.
- Great Gift & Paper – This is the kind of shop I love! They have unique gifts with local themes, seasonal items, occasion gifts, and tons more. Use the gift guide on their website and then stop in the store to get it gift wrapped.
- It’s All Natural Organic Market– They stock organic, vegan, gluten-free, locally grown, and non-GMO foods and supplements that are eco-conscious. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, just ask an associate to order it!
- Ohio Herb Education Gift Shop – You can’t be in the Herb Capital of Ohio without stopping here. You’ll find all things herbal from a wide array of books and locally made honey to essential oils and soaps.
- Rees Flowers & Gifts – This family owned and operated florist offers beautiful and fresh floral arrangements for any occasion as well as other gifts such as wine and gift baskets.
- Thrive Massage & Wellness – Thrive offers therapeutic massages, infrared light therapy, and other extras like aromatherapy and reiki.