Looking for a spot to enjoy a drink with friends and family but don’t want to get a babysitter? How about bringing the kids with you to your next happy hour with the crew? We have put together a fantastic list of kid-friendly breweries and happy hours in Columbus.
Follow our friends on social media to keep up to date on all events. Be sure to check the links to the businesses directly as discounts and deals can change.
MONDAY-FRIDAY: KID-FRIENDLY HAPPY HOURS
- 800 Goodale Blvd, Columbus Ohio
- Enjoy $3 half liter Lager, Hefe Weizen & Dunkel. $3 any glass of Fetzer wine 3-6pm Monday-Friday. Grab some $5 food specials including: pulled pork sliders, chicken tenders, cajun pretzel bites, garlic pretzel bites. $4 French Fries and gravy, cajun fries and pork rinds. Bring the kids grab a drink and stay for the music!
- Bonus: Family Night is the 2nd Tuesday of EVERY month at Hofbräuhaus Columbus! Bring the little ones for entertainment including Balloon Animals, Stilt Walkers, Face Painting and more. Entertainment 6pm-9pm. KIDS EAT FREE with each adult entree purchase. Limit 1 kids meal per child.
- Several locations around Columbus (Brewery District, Clintonville, Dublin, Gahanna, Grandview, Hilliard)
- Happy hour special 3pm-6pm is $3 draft beers and $5 Mustache Ride Margaritas Monday-Friday. All locations are very kid-friendly and have an all you can eat chip and salsa bar.
- Bonus: Hit up $2 Taco Tuesday and Happy Hour and your life is complete.
- 6558 Riverside Dr, Dublin, OH 43017
- All ages are welcome until 8 PM, and then strictly 21+ thereafter. Happy Hour is 4pm-7pm Monday-Friday and includes $2 off draft beer and wine pours. Duckpin bowling lanes are $5 per person per game. Ping pong, bocce ball, and shuffleboard are $10 an hour. Pinball and foosball are $0.50 a game, and giant Jenga is always available for free. All games and lanes will be played on a first come first serve basis.
- Easton Town Center
- Monday-Friday 4pm-7pm FREE Nacho Car, $3.75 Domestic Beers and $5.50 house margaritas. Chuy’s is fun for the whole family! Let the kids come and eat the nachos and watch the tortilla making process. It is perfect for a Friday night.
- Multiple Locations (Gahanna has a patio and sits on the creeks so a cool atmosphere.)
- Happy Hour Specials: “2 for You” $2 off 20oz Miller Light Drafts, Domestic Bottles, all appetizers, import drafts, wines & well liquor.
- Bonus: Kids Eat Free with a purchase of an Adult Entree $6.99 or more on Sunday.
- Multiple Locations (Easton Town Center, Polaris area and Arena District)
- Happy Hour Specials on Monday-Friday 4pm-7pm: $3.50 drafts, $4.50 wines, $5.50 signature martinis and half price off select apps and flatbreads.
- Bonus: The happy hour is good throughout the restaurant and not just the bar. On Tuesdays, it is $1 burger night from 5 pm-close with the purchase of a beverage. On Wednesdays, it is $1.25 on select domestic drafts all day.
- Locations in Short North and Polaris. The Polaris location isn’t as loud and has a big patio so that makes it more kid-friendly.
- Happy Hour Specials on Monday-Friday 4pm-6:30pm: check out the drink and food options here-Marcella’s Happy Hour Menu
- 5499 Ten Pin Alley, Hilliard, Ohio 43026
- Happy Hour Specials on Monday-Friday 4pm-7:00pm: $2 off all bar selections, 1/2 off 10″ pizza (cheese or pepperoni only) and $2 off all appetizers. Be sure to check out the KIDS HAPPY HOUR with $5 games of laser tag and 1/2 price arcade games and the other daily specials. This space has been
- Bonus: Kids Eat Free on Wednesdays. They also offer a 15% discount for Seniors (over 60) and active Military service members, reserve, or retired, law enforcement and fire. The discount is not valid on arcade games.
THE KID-FRIENDLY BREWERIES
- 96 Gender Road Canal Winchester, Ohio 43110
- BrewDog offers kid menus and different size beers to choose from along with flights for tasting variety. The location also has a patio with fire pits and chairs. There is also a dog park! This spot is truly friendly for the whole family with plenty of space to play.
- Bonus: There is yoga overlooking the brewery + brunch once a month on Sunday for mommies who might want a few hours to themselves every now and then!
- 2419 Scioto Harper Dr. Columbus, Ohio 43204
- Sideswipe offers “Friday Night Flights” where you can get a pre-selected $5 flight from 4-6pm and a “Sunday Funday” where a particular beer is $5 off growler fills. This brewery also has canned sodas available for drinks and complimentary cheese balls and pretzels along with board games, coloring books, and pinball machines. Check out social media to keep on top of the events and specials every month.
80 W. Church Street Pickerington, Ohio 43147
Tuesday through Friday, 4pm-6pm. The special is 1 dollar off full drinks including wine & cocktails. This location has their own kitchen, a kid area with toys and food trucks on Friday and Saturdays.
- 1101 N 4th Street, Columbus, Ohio 43201
- With food trucks, high chairs, and coloring mats this spot is great to visit for drinks with friends and family. See website for food truck rotations. Most food trucks will do kid food accommodations. They are also a great supporter of the local elementary schools and host a festival in the fall that raises money for PTO.
- 424 W. Town Street Columbus, Ohio 43215
- Land Grant is a great brewery to hit up with the littles. With a great patio and within walking distance from COSI it as good spot for a “Sunday Funday.” They offer food trucks and there are changing tables as well for family convenience. Follow them on social media for their specials! *21 and older after 8pm.
- 2 Locations: Grandview and Hilltop (Hilltop location does not offer food)
- Happy Hour is Monday-Friday with $3 pints. The Grandview location serves Mama Mimi’s pizza. The Hilltop location you are welcome to bring food. Hilltop location has a “gameroom” vibe with pinball, ping pong and foosball. Follow on social media to be informed of upcoming events, the brewery is planning a spring kids day!
- 215 N 4th Street Columbus, OH
- Happy Hours is Monday-Friday 3-7pm with the specials changing weekly. On Sundays, in the taproom, you can bring the family and enjoy some live music which always draws a crowd of young families in the afternoons!
THE WEEKLY SPECIALS
- All Columbus Locations
- Friday nights for $5 you can taste 5 wines and 5 food samples. Then go grab some pizza for the kids while you are at it.
- Giant Eagle Market District Kingsdale
- The cost for Foodie Friday’s Food and Wine Affair is $8.00 with photo I.D. The event runs from 5:30 to 8 pm and the Learning and Activities Center is open and has a movie and a light snack each week at their own fun event, “Friday Night Kid Flicks”. It’s for ages 3-9. The last Friday of the month is Pajama Night.
THE MONTHLY SPECIALS
- Once a month on Wednesday Studio 35 will have “Bring your Baby to the Bar.” The deal is $4 IPA. You can also order pizza from next door. Let your kids run around with no strange looks from patrons.
- Once a month on Sundays 16 Bit offers “Bring Your Shorty”. They have $1 off craft drafts from noon-5. Come in have a Sunday Fun-day and let your kids play with some old school game.
Do you have a favorite kid-friendly happy hour we missed? Let us know so we can add it to the list!